Monday, March 23, 2015

The Teacher Effectiveness Online Portfolio

In a world where we are constantly proving our effectiveness with our students, I have created an easy to manage and organize system that allows me to prove my worth and effectiveness to my supervisors.

In Pennsylvania, we use the Charlotte Danielson method of evaluation. That is, we are evaluated based on 4 domains. Here is her entire system: Charlotte Danielson Model

These four domains include:

  • Domain 1: Planning and Preparation
  • Domain 2: The Classroom Environment
  • Domain 3: Instruction 
  • Domain 4: Professional Responsibilities

Many of the districts I've visited use a binder to collect materials that prove the educator has met proficiency in each of those levels. I, being a very mobile educator, have created a Google Drive file folder to hold my binder. 

My first Google Drive folder is the whole binder, labeled "Teacher Effectiveness."

Once you open that, I have a file for each domain. Whenever I find myself working on something that meets one of those domains, I add it to the folder. This creates an ever increasing supply of professional portfolio items. 

I can then share my Teacher Effectiveness portfolio with any professional I like by simply providing them with the link. That professional can view any of the portfolio items I have collected organized by domain. 

For more technological help with Google Drive check this out: Get Started with Google Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment