Friday, March 20, 2015

Apps with Feedback!

With all the technology available, I've always wanted an app that will let me assess my students (especially with something rote like times tables) and then see their results. There's tons of apps that let them practice, but not all of them give student feedback, and none of them give me feedback at all. That was until I found two amazing websites!

Socrative.com

This FREE resource lets me create a quiz on anything I want. I can then assign my quiz to a class. My students simply have to enter in the class code and their name. No longer do I need a list of 20 usernames and passwords. Students only need one code.

I login (with email and password) and create a quiz. Socrative offers multiple choice, open ended, true/false, and short answer. They also allow you to include a picture on the question page. It is so easy to use.

Students punch in the class code on any computer or iPad. They take the quiz (only the quizzes I choose pop up as an option) and close out.

I now have, not only their percent grade, but a breakdown of how they've scored on every single question!

XtraMath.com

If you're looking for some times tables practice, xtra math is your resource. This also FREE resource tests students (they need class code, name, and pin) on times tables. It gives them immediate feedback and has them repeat the unknown times tables throughout the quiz.

Teachers can see every missed times table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment